Add text here
Add text here
LabWare is a leading Laboratory Informatics Company, supplying, installing and maintaining the LabWare Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN) to laboratories in more than twenty-five countries.
For more information, go to www.labware.com
The job entails the configuration and support of LIMS and ELN, under the supervision of trained consultants, to meet end user requirements for LabWare implementations. Having mastered the LIMS and ELN tools, the consultant would be expected from time-to-time to present LIMS training courses offered by LabWare.
After a rigorous selection process, the successful applicant will be offered an opportunity to join the LabWare team under the LabWare Internship Programme with the possibility of a permanent position as a Junior LIMS Consultant.
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management Systems or a related field with a programming component.
· Relational database design and management, preferably in Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle
· Structured Query Language (SQL)
· Programming (any language)
· Crystal Reports development
· Statistical Quality Control (SQC)
· Instrument integration
· Project management
Basic laboratory experience preferred, but is not a pre-requisite.
· Must demonstrate a strong aptitude for IT and have a genuine interest in technology.
· Demonstrate strong oral and written communication and facilitation skills as well as confidence with presentations.
· Possess strong documentation skills.
· Have the ability to manage timelines and deliverables
· Should be able to execute work instructions and complete work packages in designated time.
· Must have the confidence to deal with all project stakeholders and be able to work in a team.
· Possess a driver’s license and access to personal transport is a pre-requisite as travel to customer sites is required.
· Flexibility with regards to working hours is required
· Willingness to travel to customer sites outside of Cape Town, including other countries, for up to two weeks at a time.