LabWare’s clinical research LIMS solution includes a powerful suite of tools that enables pharmaceutical and biotech companies, public health labs, biorepositories, biobanks, government research institutions, universities and hospitals to streamline and optimize their efforts in translational research and personalized medicine. LabWare’s clinical research capabilities include:
- Clinical protocol definition and management tools that address all clinical trials from simple to complex global studies.
- A configurable subject manager that tracks demographic and clinical detail and can manage activities from recruiting and screening of trial candidates, through scheduling and tracking study visits.
- Integrated biorepository tools to manage specimen storage, logistics, and patient consent and all aspects of biospecimen processing including aliquoting, nucleic acid extraction and analysis, and management of cell lines.
- Configurable blinding features for controlling data access in reports as well as the user interface.
- Query & discrepancy management tools to facilitate the identification, resolution, and prevention of data and specimen quality issues.
- Kit design, production, inventory management, and distribution tools.
- Contract and budget tracking and invoicing.
- Lab supply request and fulfillment management.
- Centralized study document management.
The functionality described above is completely integrated into the LabWare laboratory workflow management engine, which includes tools that address a broad variety of laboratory testing disciplines such as:
LabWare LIMS makes key clinical trial information accessible and usable for all authorized clinical trial process stakeholders—both internal and external to your organization. Customer benefits include:
- Gene Expression, Microarrays, Genotyping, QPCR, and NGS/Sanger Sequencing
- Bioanalytical studies and DMPK
- Chemistry, Urinalysis, and Coagulation
- Virology, Immunology
- Hematology and Flow Cytometry
- Cost savings and timeline reductions enabled by centralized trial management tools that provide timely information to improve decision making, and also help study managers proactively address performance issues, effectively deploy critical resources, and streamline operational workflows.
- Elimination of lost or mishandled specimens with improved specimen tracking, query, and chain of custody.
- Improved data quality by leveraging configurable rules capability to enable early identification and resolution of data discrepancies.
- Reduced costs associated with expired kits through the more timely use of kits, as well as proactive kit re-order and re-supply.
- Improved laboratory turnaround time for testing and biospecimen processing, and better adherence to the testing and specimen handling requirements specified by the clinical protocol.